Sensory Cubes



Materials:
  1. Wooden cubes
    • You can choose any size that fits your needs. Mine happen to be 2" cubes. I found these at Micheal's.
  2. Fabric
    • I used two different types of felt and a cheesecloth. 
  3. Glue
    • I used a hot glue gun but most types of glue would work
  4. Scissors
How to Make:

Cut the fabric to fit around the cube shape. I found it easiest to cut out a cross pattern and then fit it to the cube one side at a time until its completely covered. Use caution if using the hot glue gun because glue will soak through the lighter fabrics and may potentially burn you. I used a spare piece of thicker fabric to help with pressing down the cheesecloth fabric to avoid touching the glue with my bare skin.

After making the cubes, I chose a box that I thought would be perfect for storing them, making this not only a sensory work but also an object permanence, open-close, and stacking work.

No comments:

Post a Comment