Jumbo Smell Jar


Materials:
  1. Plastic jar (Home Scents)
    • This is the most important material. I found this one at the Dollar Tree. You can buy the Home Scents scented bead air freshener, then empty and clean the container. 
  2. Cotton ball
  3. Essential Oil (Lavender) 
  4. Quick Grip all-purpose permanent adhesive
  5. Decorations 
How to Make:

Empty out your scented bead air freshener container. Make sure the container is clean and holds very little of the original scent. Next, remove the labels. I use soap and water and then nail polish remover to remove the extra sticky adhesive.

Drop a couple drops of lavender onto a cotton ball and place into the container

Then chose whatever else you would like to put inside. Make sure the objects are big enough to not slip through the containers holes. I used colorful plastic pom poms, but you can find tons of fun decorations in the party favors areas of your local store.

Finally, you can choose to just tighten your lid by hand or use Quick Grip adhesive. I prefer for my children to be able to explore with the object without me being worried about them opening and putting the contents into their mouths, so I like to seal the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment